Adoptable Dogs at BENCHS
Dog Adoption Process
- All dogs and puppies currently available at our shelter are displayed on this page. You can click or tap on an animal’s photo to view additional images and learn more about them. This page is updated in real time. Dogs are removed for multiple reasons, including medical holds.
- You are also welcome to visit BENCHS during Adoption Hours and view many of our available dogs and puppies in their kennels.
- If you want to interact with the dogs, you need to be approved for adoption.
- If you have not been approved to adopt a dog from BENCHS in the last couple of years, you will need to complete a Pre-Adoption Form.
- If you have already been approved for adoption, please update your information. If you are unable to update your previous submission, please email our Animal Coordinator and a staff member will contact you as soon as possible.
The purpose of this form is to give BENCHS information about you as a pet owner. By listing which animal(s) you are interested in, our staff will get an idea of what type of pet you are looking for. Because we typically receive multiple adopters expressing interest in the same animal, there is no guarantee the animal(s) you listed will be available for you to meet and/or adopt. Our pet population changes rapidly so we cannot guarantee the animals listed will be available for you.
- Staff will review your information and contact you to review and/or approve you for adoption. BENCHS does reserve the right to deny adoption approval to anyone, for any reason.
- After you have been approved to adopt from BENCHS, you will be able to make an appointment to interact with and/or adopt . We do require an appointment so we are able to provide our undivided attention to you and your potential new family member. Appointments may be scheduled after you are approved to adopt, either by clicking on the link provided in your approval email, or by speaking with a staff member. If you can’t make it during Adoption Hours, email staff to see if they are able to accommodate your schedule.
- Before you come to meet your new best friend, remember to bring an appropriately sized collar and leash to take your new dog home with you. Dogs and puppies cannot go home without a collar and leash. We always want our adopted pets to have a safe and easy transition from shelter to happy home.
- We complete all adoptions digitally, so we can either text a checkout link to your mobile phone or you can complete the process using one of our devices.
- Before the dogs are able to go home, they are altered, current on vaccinations, and microchipped.