The Board of Directors
Make an Impact in the Greater Mankato Area Community – Join our Board
As a non-profit organization, BENCHS relies on our Board of Directors for guidance and governance. We are a working board, volunteering to support the work of the organization in many ways. In the past few years BENCHS has experienced significant growth: more than 1,000 dogs and cats adopted each year, a growing staff, new outreach programs and a large annual budget to manage.
BENCHS is seeking individuals to join our Board of Directors. Those interested must believe in our mission and be ready to take an active role in leading the organization. We are seeking members who will engage in and help guide efforts to strengthen our strategic vision, financial stability and presence in the community. Experience in fundraising, tech, human resources, legal, marketing, or finance would be beneficial. Our ideal candidate is someone who is ready to take on a leadership role and actively engage in our efforts.
Board Member Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Commit to a three-year-term.
- Participate in bi-monthly meetings on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month.
- Be an active participant in all meetings and take initiative.
- Ensure effective organizational planning by actively participating to create, implement and monitor BENCHS’ goals.
- Provide proper financial oversight. Assist in developing the annual budget and ensure that proper financial controls are in place.
- Provide adequate resources for BENCHS to fulfill its mission by actively participating in fundraising activities.
- Ensure adherence and maintain accountability to legal standards and ethical norms.
- Advocate for BENCHS and raise awareness for our work.
- Maintain a membership with BENCHS.
- Recruit and orient new BENCHS Board members. Assess Board performance.
- Help further our mission and goals by giving of your time, skills, knowledge, resources, and networks.
Are you ready to make a difference?
If you’d like to be considered for the BENCHS Board of Directors, here is the link to our application. You will need to make a copy of it before you can complete it digitally. You can also print it out to complete by hand.
Completed applications can be emailed to [email protected], or mailed to BENCHS, Attn. Board President, 1250 North River Drive, Mankato, MN 56001.
Board Meeting Schedule
The BENCHS Board of Directors meets at 6:00 pm on the second Monday of every month in the Apollo room. The public is invited to attend these meetings. For a calendar of dates, please see our Events calendar.